Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hourglass Christmas Stocking (Progress)

I have been working on the first Christmas stocking and I have determined something.... I am SLOW.

I followed an hourglass block tutorial found on Rita's blog over @ Red Pepper Quilts.
The tutorial was VERY easy to follow. It was my first time piecing hourglass blocks and it was fun!

First, I cut up some of the fabrics from my last post into 3.5 inch squares:


Then, I also cut 3.5 inch squares out of white fabric and started following the tutorial:
 








 (Getting ready to sew the hourglass blocks together)

 (Getting ready to iron)

 (All pressed)





And that is the progress made so far! It took WAY longer than I thought it would. The most time consuming part was the pressing and then squaring up all 30 of these little blocks to about 2.5 inch squares. That took FOREVER. 


Hopefully I will have a completed stocking tomorrow.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment