(First step in machine stitching binding)
Stack of finished mug rugs!:
Each rug, front and back:
(My absolute favorite from the group!)
- 12 mug rugs just finished
- Used all scraps from previous projects using Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks projects
- With the exception of the Pea Green solid used for 4 or 5 mug rugs
- Each measure either 8x8 (for the double hourglass blocks) or 8x9 (rectangular blocks)
- I am banking most of these mug rugs for future sales. Maybe when I get my Etsy site running or sell at a craft fair. We shall see what happens in 2011.
- Using up scraps. I feel especially bad because I am a terrible fabric cutter and always mess up and waste fabric, so I like using them up.
- Double hourglass pattern. I really like it a lot.
- Finishing 1 is super gratifying
- Using scraps. If you look at most of the mug rugs, there are lots of colors that don't necessarily match but coordinate instead. A lot of the triangles were scrapped from my last project, so it was a struggle lining up seams and getting things to work out.
- Scrappy binding. I don't like that at all. It stunk. It made part of the binding way bulkier. Also, if you look at some of the backs, I couldn't get thread that matched up well with all binding fabrics.
- All that pinning!! I feel like doing 1 big quilt has got to be easier than 12 mug rugs.
Now let's get to that giveaway! I want to thank all my readers for listening and commenting. Stay tuned to see what I come up with for 2011!
What: I am giving away your choice of one of the mug rugs pictured in this post (or I can randomly select one for you) to one lucky reader!
Who: To enter, you must leave a comment on this post. In your comment, tell me what your favorite blog post of mine is. One comment per entrant please. Also, be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win.
Bonus: If you mention my giveaway on your blog, you are allowed to make 1 additional comment, giving you a total of 2 entries to win. In your second comment, just add a link to the blog post where you mention my giveaway.
When: Ability to comment ends on Friday, January 21st @ 5:00 PM.
Winner: I will use some type of random number generator to select the winner.
YAY! This is my first giveaway and I hope you enjoy.