Monday, March 7, 2011

Bento Box Quilt

I might be jumping on this bandwagon a little late.... but who doesn't love a Bento Box Quilt?

(from Red Pepper Quilts)

I started my very own this weekend. So far I have mapped out my pattern, picked out the fabric, and mapped out how I am going to cut it up.

I am going to use part of the fabric from my fat quarter pack of Amy Butler's "Soul Blossoms" line in the Bliss colorway:
(From top left to bottom right: Cyan Buttercups, Hot Pink Disco Flowers, Deep Water Temple Doors, Periwinkle Laurel Dots, Azure Twilight Peony, Lime Delhi Blooms..... phew, that was a mouthful!)


(They do look fantastic don't they!!)


Then I mapped out how I am going to chop up these lovelies. I am REALLLLLLLY bad and cutting up fabric. I ALWAYSSSSSS mess up. I don't know exactly what my problem is, I just don't pay close enough attention I guess. So I thought that maybe if I thought about the cutting ahead of time, then maybe I will give myself a better chance at not ruining things:




I still haven't figured out one thing though..... which shade of white should I use? I was thinking either plain white, or a more off-white/natural/bone color.... 

Can you help me choose? Vote on the sidebar!!! 
Thanks friends....

xoxoxoxox



1 comment:

  1. it's really pretty! and i vote off-white or cream instead of white ;)

    ReplyDelete