Friday, May 18, 2012

Braciola! Ciao! Mangia!

No, I don't speak Italian. Like most Americans whose relatives came off the boat from Italy, I only know the names of Italian food, hello, goodbye, thank you, and curse words. However, that does not preclude me from LOVINGGGGGG Italian food. 


I have always wanted to make Braciole (Giada calls it braciola, but we've always called it braciole; I'm sure that we're wrong). It has been on my radar for a while now. My husband was at the grocery store and saw some braciole cuts at the mean counter. I think it is typically made with flank steak pounded about 1/4 inch thin, not sure what cuts these were though, they just said braciole. 

The cuts of mean I got were pounded thin. I rolled it up with some breadcrumbs, spinach, parsley, and shredded parmesan cheese. I browned the meat for about 8 minutes on each side and then chopped up 2 or 3 tomatoes and added those to the pan with about 3/4 cup shiraz and baked for like 45 minutes. 

It was phenomenal. 

Like. 

Unbelievable. 

I know that what I did wasn't the traditional braciole recipe that my family has followed or that I've had other places, but I just used up ingredients that I had in the house.






There it is! Another item off My Bucket List. See this "project" and my other finished projects under My Finished Projects Page. Also, check out my pics on Flickr.



HOLLER!

No comments:

Post a Comment