Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I don't know about you, but I am sooooo unbelievably excited for the feasting that is upon us all. What do you guys eat for the holiday? A traditional Thanksgiving meal?

I am actually celebrating Thanksgiving at an Aunt's house for the first time and I have no idea what to expect. The food there is always fantastic and my aunt is quite the hostess, so I'm sure it will be amazing. 

Then, on Sunday I will be cooking a second Thanksgiving meal for another sect of my family. There are going to be between 12-15 people. It will be the 2nd Thanksgiving that I'll cook, so I still consider myself a newbie. Here is the menu, pretty standard items mostly:
  • Turkey! I am following an America's Test Kitchen turkey recipe this year for the most moist turkey ever.
  • Gravy, duh, I know.. Considering last year when I cooked I felt like the gravy was the most frantic thing that I've ever cooked. Then when I think back to all of my Thanksgivings, gravy is wicked frantic for everyone. So. Given that, I am making my graving the day before by using 5 pounds of turkey wings and some giblets and such and then just re-heating it on Thanksgiving Day. I hope it works.I just hate being that frantic and I want to be able to spend time with my guests!
  • Cranberry sauce. I loooove cranberry sauce. 
  • Buttery rolls in our bread maker.
  • Baked Sweet Potatoes
  • Mashed potatoes probably loaded with butter.
  • Sauteed peas and onions.
  • For Dessert --- Pumpkin Trifle! I made it at my housewarming party and it was seriously outstanding. Outstanding! Maybe I'll share the recipe with you. 
My favorite part of Thanksgiving is for sure the leftovers. I CANNOT WAIT to have a turkey mashed potato and gravy sandwich at work on Monday. Woohoo!!

Ok everyone, have an amazing Thanksgiving with your friends and family

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, your Thanksgiving meal was AMAZING! Glad we could invade on your family and enjoy the festivities. The Pumpkin Trifle doggie cup was delicious on Monday! Yum!

    ReplyDelete