Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happenings Around the House

I have been sooooooooooooo swamped at work lately. For those of you new to my blog, I am a CPA (certified public accountant) and as everyone on Earth (who has filed taxes) knows, busy season is upon us. MAN am I busy! 

You probably won't be hearing a lot from for the next two months or so, but I promise that I am constantly thinking about crafting, quilting, knitting, making, crocheting, blogging, shopping, etc.

Aside from working, I have tried to fill my Sundays with a mondo-sized latte, menu planning, and cooking for the upcoming week.  


I have also tried to make the house more home-y. I have been so slowwww to decorate. It is pretty overwhelming having an entire house to pretty-up. I have made a few small changes though...

 (Loving our new shower curtain!)

 (A new rug for our master bedroom)


 (Our most recent addition is our new bed!! I am SO excited about this bed. Our room felt more like a college dorm before we got this bed. I did buy the lamps before I got the bed, so now that we have the bed, I'm not sure that the lamps match. I absolutely love them, but I think that the linen look of them competes with the headboard too much. I also am definitely not a fan of our brown sheets anymore either, White/cream sheets are definitely a must!!!)

 (Thinking about some paint colors!)


(My mom actually gave us this gorgeous mahogany chest that was from her and my father's old bedroom. It matches our bedroom furniture almost perfectly. I am so incredibly in love with it.)

 (I have been creeping owls in an out of places around the house. lol. My husband has lovingly (or maybe not) dubbed me the "Creepy Owl Lady")

Thanks for checking in! I will try and post a few times a week, hopefully my posts won't only be about food and home decor. I am desperate to do something crafty soon. A girl can only work and eat so much!

HOLLER!

No comments:

Post a Comment