Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm......

I love Tiramisu. I love it. Loooooooooooooooooooooove it. 


 

My in-laws came to visit this weekend to work on a few projects (which includes chopping up all the wood from that big tree). My mother-in-law brought a container of mascarpone and had the idea to make some tiramisu. We have an espresso machine, so making tiramisu should be a breeze!



First, we had to make 2 cups of espresso and put it in the refrigerator to cool:





All of the espresso grinds went straight into the compost heap! Off to a good start...



I seem to have skipped a few steps between espresso and finished result, but oh well. This was LITERALLY the EASIEST dessert I have ever made in my life. EASIEST! 

I mean seriously. No cooking or baking really. Just whip up the mascarpone, soak some lady fingers, layer and DONE! I don't even have a secret recipe from my italian family or anything. We used the recipe from the back of the mascarpone package and it was the best recipe I've ever had.
 





This didn't last long. We had some after lunch, then another 4 servings after dinner and it was GONE. It was totally worth it though. Every last calorie was worth it. lol.



Holler!

< Edited to add > You can see my finished FOOD photos and other finished projects here or by using the "Completed Projects" links on my sidebar. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The hardest part of that recipe was waiting 12 hours post assembly to eat it! :) Not sure how posting works so if I pick anonymous you will figure it out. (cb)

    ReplyDelete