Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Herringbone Quilt


 

Herringbone quilts have been floating around blogland for a while now, and I just can't get enough!

There are seemingly tons of different methods of making this quilt. There are also a million different quilts out there to envy.

Like this scrappy one:

 
 


This two-tone quilt:  



A Pretty in Pinks quilt:

 

Some veryyyy pretty herrinbone quilting: 

herringbonequilt2

OK and I just cannot get enough of these floors!!!!!!!

http://tillyscottage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/antique-fr-oak-herringbone-nat.jpg 


After ooooohhing and aaahhhhing  all of these herringbone quilts, I had to get started on one. Also, I am still waiting for a new foot to finish my My Sweet Charli quilt related projects. 

I did a rough outline/pattern for this quilt. Wasn't sure what to expect really, I was just hoping that it would all work out as I had planned and that I didn't make any stupid mistakes. 



I plan to give this crib size quilt as a present to a coworker who just had a baby. I tried to make it as boy-ish as possible given fabric I already had laying around. These are the fabrics that planned to work with.





Lots of cutting later ...








And some stitching .... very tricky stitching I might add ...




More herringbone quilting to come!

HOLLER!

2 comments:

  1. I love herringbone quilts, too! Your's is off to a gorgeous start, Lauren. I love Heirloom is this colourway. It should make a gorgeous quilt for a baby boy. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous - already - who is it for and if it's not spoken for and youre open to selling it let me buy the damn thing - i LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete