Sunday, May 8, 2011

Garden Party Log Cabin Quilt

I was able to squeeze in some time this weekend to work on this quilt that I have been dreaming up for a while now.

 I already had the fabric collection picked out (in my last post) and I was just waiting on some gorgeous gem-toned Kona Cotton solids.  The colors below are (from top to bottom) Berry, Eggplant, Pomegranate, Hibiscus, Cerise, and Dark Violet. Aren't they gorgeous?!?!?




I only used Berry, Pomegranate, Hibiscus, and Cerise (and eggplant to be seen later) for this quilt. From those first 4 colors I cut 4 5.5 x 15.5 inch strips:
 


From the Garden Party and Good Folks fabrics, I selected 5 fat quarters to work from. I cut 4 5.5 x 15.5 in strips: 
 


I put all of the patterned and solids in a stack in a random order. I just sewed the strips that I knew I needed for the log cabin pattern to work:
 



Then I got busy busy ironing:
 


 ... and ... voila! I just love this picture and looking at all of the strips put together. Isn't it gorgeous???
 


I have to take some time to cut out the big strips of solid fabric for the other portion of the log cabin pattern. Maybe tomorrow? 

I asked my hubby what he thought of the quilt and his response was "it's colorful?". Bahhh.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Any log-cabin will look lively if decorated with the above quilts. Perfect to counterpart the brown-dominated cabin with those bold bursting colors.

    ReplyDelete