Thursday, July 7, 2011

FWQAL Block #3 Basket

I am really enjoying working on the Farmer's Wife Quilt. I am still behind, as I started on week 4 so right off the bat I was 8 blocks behind. But oh well, hopefully I'll have a catch-up week. 

Here is block #3 - Basket:



Here are the templates I needed (a lot!):


Here are the background pieces all cut out. I knew that I wanted to use this fabric for the background.



But, I just couldn't decide on which fabric to use for the basket:
 




Although I think that the burgundy matched the best, but I really liked the way the tomato color popped:
 


Here is the final block (almost):


I haven't done the basket handle yet. I cut it out, but I have NO EXPERIENCE with applique. I want to practice a few times before I try it on the final block.

You can take a look at my flickr account for all my FWQAL photos!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment