Saturday, July 16, 2011

FWQAL Block #6 Big Dipper

Here is the second installment of my Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long blocks for Week 3. I hope you enjoyed the Bat Wing block from yesterday.


Block #6 is the Big Dipper block:


Here are the fabrics I chose. I am still second-guessing myself:

 



I only needed one template for this baby, but boy did it get a lot of use. I needed to cut out 16 of the same pieces:



Here are all of the pieces laid out and ready to go:
 

 Here is the block! Overall, it went together pretty easily. Although they call this block the Big Dipper block, it is an hourglass block pattern and I LOVE IT!
 


Here are my week 3 blocks:



Here are all of my blocks so far from weeks 1 thru 3:


 You can see all of my progress thus far at my flickr account.

Have a great weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment