Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cheese Stuffed Hot Peppers [Mmm}

FYI -- This is not a dish for those faint of heart.

My Mom makes the most amazing stuffed hot cherry peppers ever! They make an amazing appetizer, and we usually have them before Christmas dinner. I decided I would try making my own. After about 20 minutes on the phone with Mom, this is what I came up with. 


Whipped cream cheese, provolone, and an Italian cheese blend. Then LOTS, maybe a pound of prosciutto, and a few jars of the Pickled Hot Cherry Peppers. Note that I have tried the same recipe with sweet pepper and they are terrible. Like, gross. I don't know why, but they are.
 











After stuffing the peppers, put them in a baking dish, covered with foil, and bake until the cheese is hot, about 30 minutes. 



Then, of course, you eat them. I advise you to have an ample amount of bread handy so that your face doesn't melt an also to mop up the cheese and pepper juice that got loose. 


 Make some!

HOLLER!

No comments:

Post a Comment